Fiber Rich Foods – Know Them and Be HealthyBy dujue On October 14, 2012 Under Uncategorized
Fiber, another term for roughage or dietary fiber, is an essential part of human diet. This is often found in plants that you consume. Eating foods loaded with fiber is perfect for your body. It transports fluids into and through the intestines. These solutions maintain the bowels to move smoothly and help in removing wastes and toxins from the intestines. According to heath practitioners, fibers can also help in reducing blood cholesterols and sugar levels in the body. With their great benefits, a large number of people prefer to consume fiber rich foods.
What are the different foods loaded with fibers? If you are not familiar with these different foods, simply ask your doctor or read some reviews online. For further details, here are some fiber rich foods you shouldn’t have to miss:
- Bran – This food consists of high fiber and is an excellent source of magnesium and iron. It is often found in the whole grain, oats, breads, corn, barley and brown rice. Consuming a quarter cup of whole grains provides you two to six grams of fibers. To include fibers in your daily diet, you can consume oats in your breakfast with rotis, fresh fruits and other fiber foods.
- Leafy Greens – According to experts, vegetables such as sweet potato, spinach, cabbage, turnips, beans and pumpkins are loaded with fibers. Consuming these foods is equivalent to two to eight grams of fiber. Therefore, if you are fond of eating vegetables, you will also be able to accumulate a large number of fibers in your body.
- Nuts and Seeds –This fiber rich foods are the best choice, especially during snacks or between meals. The typical examples of nuts are walnuts, groundnuts, pistachios and almonds. It is said that 28 grams of nuts or seeds can give you one to eight grams of fibers.
- Fruits – Berries like raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and gooseberries are loaded with fibers. Studies show that one cup of any berry can offer four to eight grams of fibers. To have a healthy body, you can consume these fruits every snack. Other fruits include pears, oranges, apples, figs, prunes, melons and bananas.
- Beans – One of the best fiber rich foods is the bean. Whether it is kidney, navy or white beans, these can provide fourteen to eighteen grams of fibers. Just like beans, consuming legumes is also advised. These foods are loaded with proteins and vitamins apart from fibers.
Though there are different fiber rich foods, you can easily choose the best foods that will meet your needs. For regular consumption of fibers, the best option is to make a journal. In your journal, simply jot down the different foods loaded with fibers and create a special menu for your daily diet. With your knowledge about these foods, you are expected to be healthy at all times. You don’t need to worry about the different illnesses that may come along. As long as you are healthy, you will always be free from any harmful element that can ruin your health.